Jawatan Kosong Tentera Darat Malaysia - Tentera Darat Malaysia - The Malaysian Army is the land component of the Malaysian Armed Forces. Steeped in British Army traditions, the Malaysian Army does not carry the title ‘royal’ (diraja) as do the Royal Malaysian Air Force and the Royal Malaysian Navy. Instead, the title is bestowed on selected army corps and regiments who have been accorded the honour by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, who is the Supreme Commander of the Malaysian Armed Forces.
The first military units in Malaysia can be traced back to the Malay States Volunteer Rifles which existed from 1915 to 1936. The birth of the Malaysian Army came about when the Federal Council of the Federated Malay States passed the Malay Regiment Bill on 23 January 1933. This allowed the initial recruitment of 25 males for the First Experimental Malay Company on 1 March 1933. Major G. McI. S. Bruce of the Lincolnshire Regiment was the first Commanding Officer.
By 1 January 1935, the Experimental Company became The Malay Regiment with a complement of 150 men. A battalion was formed on 1 January 1938 and eventually a second battalion on 1 December 1941.
The 1st Bn Malay Regiment was famous for its defence of Opium Hill or Bukit Chandu in Singapore. The ‘Battle of Opium Hill’ on 14 February 1942 involved 42 soldiers commanded by Lt. Adnan Bin Saidi who defended their position against attack from the 18th Division of the Japanese Imperial Army under Lt. Gen. Renya Mutaguchi. After World War II and during the Malayan Emergency, the number of battalions was increased to 7 in the early 50s.
The Kor Armor DiRaja (Royal Armoured Corps) can trace its roots to the formation on 1 September 1952 of the Federation Reconnaissance Squadron. It was later merged with the Federation Regiment to form the Federation Reconnaissance Corps. The name underwent a few transformations from the Malaysian Reconnaissance Corps (16 September 1967), Royal Malaysian Reconnaissance Corps (May 1979) to Royal Cavalry Corps (December 1979) and finally to Kor Armor DiRaja (Royal Armoured Corps) on 8 December 1986.
Jawatan Kosong Terkini - Tentera Darat Malaysia (TDM)
Tentera Darat Malaysia invites qualified Malaysians to attend the interview and fill the positions as below: -
1. Perajurit Muda (Lelaki/Wanita)
- Malaysian citizens. Not less than 18 years and not more than 25 years on the date of swearing.
- Marital Status. Single and never married (women only).
- Case Police / Court. Applicants must be free of any criminal / drug / juveniles.
- Health Status. Visibility is 6/6 without glasses and contact lenses. Candidates must pass a medical examination conducted by the Medical Officer of ATM which meets the standard of Primary Health Care (DKT - Forward Everywhere (FE) which can be deployed to all combat tasks in any part of the world.
- Selection criteria. The selection process is based on merit: academic qualifications, physical test, written test (IQ and Psychology) as well as a fitness test. Excellence in sports is also a priority.