Jawatan Kosong ALAM - Akademi Laut Malaysia or Malaysian Maritime Academy Sdn. Bhd. (MMA), a subsidiary of MISC Berhad, and also a member of the PETRONAS Group of Companies, is the premier Maritime Education and Training (MET) institution in the region with a growing network of affiliation with renowned MET institutions and organizations worldwide. It is also fast gaining a reputation as a leading centre for MET in the region. The Melaka campus is idyllically located in Kuala Sungai Baru overlooking the Straits of Melaka. Akademi Laut Malaysia (ALAM) offers a conducive working, learning and living environment.
The story of the Academy began in 1977. The need to train and prepare Malaysians for the exciting maritime industry was addressed with the establishment of a non-profit making body called MATES (Malaysian Training and Education for Seamen) Foundation. Consisting of the Malaysian International Shipping Corporation Berhad (MISC) (now known as MISC Berhad), International Shipping Carriers Hong Kong and the Malaysian Ministry of Transport as their main promoters, the foundation soon pioneered the Maritime Training Centre (MTC) in 1977.
On 15 August 1981, MTC was subsequently upgraded to academy status and thus named ALAM, short for Akademi Laut Malaysia (Malaysian Maritime Academy). On 1 January 1997, ALAM was privatised to Malaysian Maritime Academy Sdn Bhd (MMA).
ALAM, the nation's premier maritime education and training establishment, has since been designated as a Branch Campus of the World Maritime University, Malmo, Sweden and has also established formal alliances with other leading maritime education and training institutions in Australia, Norway, The Netherlands, Singapore and The United States of America.
As we seek for a positive avenue for future growth and success, we continue to establish partnerships that will propel us forward as aspirants of world-class maritime education excellence.
In our quest to develop future leaders in the maritime industry, we are sourcing for qualified and experienced individuals to join our dynamic team and pursue an excellent career opportunity with us.
Jawatan Kosong Akademi Laut Malaysia (ALAM) :
Qualified Malaysian citizens invited to fill the vacancies at Akademi Laut Malaysia as follows :
- Arrange and coordinate written (Final/ Referral/ Mid-Course Test/ Lecturer Class Assessment) Examination as per ISO procedures for Post-Sea and Pre Sea Nautical Courses.
- Organising exam materials, providing safe custody of and organising examination stationery and materials, including question papers, in accordance with regulations.
- Briefing candidates on examination regulations and producing written guidelines for staff and students; ensuring candidates are aware of their own examination timetables.
- Arranging invigilation, including briefing and training invigilators in academy procedures.
- Resolving examination clashes in accordance with regulations.
- Producing analyses of examination results and providing statistics on examination entries/results for the HODs.
- Disseminating information, answering enquiries and dealing with complaints regarding examinations with staff, students and parents/carers.
- Transfer information through memos and letters to students, parents, sponsors for misconduct in exam, on disciplinary action and appeals.
- Supervise and monitor on examination matters and record keeping.
- Arrange and coordinate oral examination for the Pre Sea and Post Sea Nautical students with MARDEP.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Information Management, Admin/Office Management or other relevant qualifications.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in the related field is an added advantage.
- Good discipline, proactive, hardworking, self-starter, outgoing and positive learning personality.
- Demonstrate ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, projects and deadlines.
- Well-organised, meticulous and able to work independently.
- Direct Reporting to and assisting the Chief Executive Officer.
- To attend all private secretarial duties, personal & confidential matters.
- Perform a full range of secretarial functions and overall administration support.
- Interact with other departments, arrange and schedule appointments, department meeting, make travel & accommodation arrangements.
- Prepare confidential and correspondence, memorandum, presentations material, agenda and minutes of meeting and other complex document.
- Control & maintain an efficient filling system for smooth data retrieving.
- To undertake other special assignment, ad-hoc functions and related duties as when required.
- Candidates must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Diploma or Advance/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Administration.
- At least 5 years of working experiences in the related field is required for this position.
- Application should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant residence status.
- Willing to work long hours.
- High degree of integrity, maturity, professionalism and loyalty.
- Strong leadership qualities and good interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma in Public / Business Administration / Management or STPM/SPM with relevant working experience
- A qualified/certified Medical Assistant with experience in training and education would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years working experience in military service or as a Warrant Officer;
Further information and how to apply, please follow :