Jawatan Kosong ALAM - Akademi Laut Malaysia or Malaysian Maritime Academy Sdn. Bhd. (MMA), a subsidiary of MISC Berhad, and also a member of the PETRONAS Group of Companies, is the premier Maritime Education and Training (MET) institution in the region with a growing network of affiliation with renowned MET institutions and organizations worldwide. It is also fast gaining a reputation as a leading centre for MET in the region. The Melaka campus is idyllically located in Kuala Sungai Baru overlooking the Straits of Melaka. Akademi Laut Malaysia (ALAM) offers a conducive working, learning and living environment.
The story of the Academy began in 1977. The need to train and prepare Malaysians for the exciting maritime industry was addressed with the establishment of a non-profit making body called MATES (Malaysian Training and Education for Seamen) Foundation. Consisting of the Malaysian International Shipping Corporation Berhad (MISC) (now known as MISC Berhad), International Shipping Carriers Hong Kong and the Malaysian Ministry of Transport as their main promoters, the foundation soon pioneered the Maritime Training Centre (MTC) in 1977.
On 15 August 1981, MTC was subsequently upgraded to academy status and thus named ALAM, short for Akademi Laut Malaysia (Malaysian Maritime Academy). On 1 January 1997, ALAM was privatised to Malaysian Maritime Academy Sdn Bhd (MMA).
ALAM, the nation's premier maritime education and training establishment, has since been designated as a Branch Campus of the World Maritime University, Malmo, Sweden and has also established formal alliances with other leading maritime education and training institutions in Australia, Norway, The Netherlands, Singapore and The United States of America.
As we seek for a positive avenue for future growth and success, we continue to establish partnerships that will propel us forward as aspirants of world-class maritime education excellence.
In our quest to develop future leaders in the maritime industry, we are sourcing for qualified and experienced individuals to join our dynamic team and pursue an excellent career opportunity with us.
Jawatan Kosong Akademi Laut Malaysia (ALAM) :
Qualified Malaysian citizens invited to fill the vacancies at Akademi Laut Malaysia as follows :
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a driver.
- Possess driving license (class D and E) and clean track records.
- Minimum Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM).
- Healthy with excellent eyesight and punctual with a good attendance record.
- Ability to multi task, willingness to learn and positive attitude.
- Possess a Degree in Counseling, Psychology or any relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years working experience in providing counseling service to students.
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to resolve problems creatively and to think out of the box.
- Outgoing personality with a creative and innovative mind
- Candidate must possess a recognised Degree in Sports Science or professional qualifications in the relevant field.
- Have attended formal training on teaching or 1 to 2 years of teaching experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong drive and highly motivated.