Biasiswa TNB - Tenaga Nasional Berhad is Malaysia’s largest utility company with the core business of generating, transmitting and distributing electricity. Besides its primary business, TNB also has subsidiaries which conduct other activities, namely the manufacturing of transformers, switchgears and cables. TNB also contributes towards local education with University Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN). Wholly owned by the corporation, UNITEN combines academic programmes and techno skills under one roof.
Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (YTN)
- Yayasan Tenaga Nasional is TNB’s trust body, responsible for TNB’s corporate social responsibility efforts. YTN provides scholarships and study loans to deserving students to pursue their education locally and abroad. To date, YTN has provided financial assistance to more than 8,000 students.
- YTN is currently offering 2 scholarships: the Overseas Universities Programme and the Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) Programme. The former gives the opportunity for both SPM and STPM leavers to pursue their education overseas whilst the latter is only offered to SPM leavers to study at UNITEN.
Who should apply:
- TNB is looking for applicants who have just received their SPM and STPM results. SPM leavers must not be more than 19 years of age whilst STPM leavers must not be more than 21 years old this year. TNB scholars are students who are active in co-curricular activities and have strong leadership qualities. Those with excellent results are prioritised – TNB only considers students who managed to get all A’s in subjects related to their chosen field of study.
Outstanding students with good academic and co-curricular track records are welcome to apply. Among the general requirements, applicants:
- Should not be older than 23 years of age during application
- Should be active in co-curricular activities
- Should have good leadership skills and strong personalities
- Should have no other siblings who are currently receiving scholarship from YTN
- Should have already been admitted into their first semester at an IPTA
- At least 4B+ for STPM, or
- CGPA of at least 3.33 for those who completed their Diploma/ Matriculation/ Foundation
- Field of Study
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Yayasan Tenaga Nasional
Aras 1, Bangunan BB,
Universiti Tenaga Nasional,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-8924 7500
Fax: 03-8924 7501