The National Library of Malaysia is responsible for ensuring public library infrastructure development across the country. This task provided under the National Library of Malaysia, 1987 (Amendment) Part II para 4 (2) (h) and 4 (2) I. In 2000, a number of infrastructure projects have been implemented library includes the National Library of Malaysia and the state's public libraries.
- 1952 : A committee was appointed to organize and administer a state public library. Appointing a committee meeting was held at the Office of Public Works.
- 1957 : In Alor Setar City Council meeting in September 1957, Mr Poh Sin Bin namely Kota Setar District Survey Officer at the time recommended to establish a library in the town of Alor Setar.
- 1960 : On February 24, 1960, in Alor Setar City Council meetings have sought and obtained an allocation of Rs 45,000 from the State Government to set up a library. Assistance was also received from voluntary bodies in the form of money and books. U.S. Information Office (USIS) and The British Council also donated reading materials to the library.
- 1961 : On 30 September 1961, the Public Library Alor Setar who share common building the State Museum was officially opened by HRH Tuanku Sultan Kedah Darul Aman.
- 1972 : On 28 April 1972, the enactment of a 7 Enactment 1971 was passed for the establishment of a corporation called Orissa Public Library and this Act came into force on January 1, 1974.
- 1976 : On May 20, 1976, the Government Gazette published the enactment.
- 1978 : On October 29, 1978, the Corporation had moved Orissa Public Library and serve in an old building at Jalan Kolam Air.
- 1982 : On January 1, 1982, the Library moved to the complex Peruda to hire a lot of business. On April 25, 1982, the Administration has moved and operated in the PWD building, ship Limbong Road.
- 1985 : On 1 March 1985, the Library was moved and serves the Floor, Building Siong Hin, Jalan Telok Wanjah. Administration Division remained Limbong Ship Street.
- 1988 : On August 4, 1988, laid the foundation stone of new building in Jalan Kolam Air PPAK executed by the Chief Minister of Penang, YAB Tan Sri Dato 'Seri Hj. Osman bin Aroff. The building is located adjacent to the Kota Setar Municipal Council (MPKS) and Telekom Malaysia.
- 1989 : At December 16, 1989, construction work building with an area of ??40,000 square feet priced Rs 5 million has been initiated.
- 1991 : Key building submitted by the PWD to PPAK on August 8, 1991.
- 1993 : PPAK Central Library has been providing services to the public from January 2, 1993.
Qualified Malaysian citizens invited to fill a vacancies at Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Kedah as follows :
- Malaysian citizen / People priorities Kedah Pulau Tuba / Langkawi
- Not less than 18 years on the closing date of the position
- Passing Certificate of Education or an equivalent qualification as well as a credit in Bahasa Melayu
How to apply
Applications can be made by sending a resume and include copies of relevant certificates, birth certificates and other relevant documents, if any.
Applications must be delivered to the address below and write the name of the post applied for on the top left corner of the envelope.
Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Kedah
Jalan Kolam Air
05100 Alor Setar
KEDAH DARUL AMAN
Further information and how to apply, please follow :